When you want to getaway for summer vacation, Gulf Shores, AL is a beautiful spot to pick. Whether you want to have some adventures with a group of friends or spend a romantic weekend with a loved one, you have plenty of options. Families visiting the area have no shortage of fun activities to choose from, either.
Things To Do
Gulf Shores has a plethora of activities and festivals to attract visitors in every season. Here are just a few of the activities you can find in the area.
If you visit Gulf Shores with kids, you’ll have only one problem: choosing which activities you’ll be doing! This is only a small selection of vacation ideas.
- Beach day. The area is known for beautiful white sand beaches right on the gulf. Public access is available for almost 32 miles of coastline, and several fun restaurants and hangouts are found just off the beach.
- The Track Gulf Shores. This go-kart haven has multiple tracks for youth to adult, and even ones for boats. The three-story track is definitely the most popular.
- Miniature golf. Several places in the area offer miniature golf courses, though the most popular is likely the pirate-themed Pirate’s Island Adventure Golf.
- Hunting for sand crabs. Make sure you have a red light filter as you comb the nighttime beaches for tiny sand crabs and baby sea turtles. Catch them, investigate, and return them to the sand.
If a romantic getaway is more your style, there are many options for couples, as well.
- Room with a view. Many condos and vacation homes have balconies and porches right off the water. It’s a perfect place to snuggle, unwind, and watch the sunset.
- Spa day. After spending a day splashing at the beach and walking hand in hand along the sand, come back to your room for an in-house couples massage from Austin Massage Therapy.
- Take a cruise. Many cruise options are available, whether you want to go out on the water alone, watch the dolphins swim, or eat a gourmet meal.
When you vacation with friends, there’s something for everyone, from adventurer to foodie.
- Ride the waves. You can rent just about anything to go out on the water and have fun with your group: jet skis, pontoon boats, or paddleboards.
- Nightlife. While Gulf Shores is not a wild party town, there’s still plenty to do once the sun goes down. Try Flora Bama, a bar which straddles the Alabama and Florida state lines and has several areas for music, dancing, and drinks.
- Museums. The area has plenty of museums to visit, with many having free or low cost admission. Don’t miss Holmes Medical Museum or the Orange Beach Arts Center nearby.
No matter who you visit with, Gulf Shores is a great spot to vacation with something for everyone. If you find yourself visiting repeatedly, you might even consider purchasing a vacation home in the area. When you’re ready to look for a property, contact Kris Powell for a smooth, helpful experience.
Leave a Reply